Size: 16 in X 24 in.
No. of copies: 330
“Earlier Memories: St. John’s, 1950’s”
For years Portuguese fishing boats, accompanied by the Gil Eannes (the “Hospital” ship of the renowned White Fleet) graced Newfoundland’s waters and were welcomed in St. John’s harbour by many residents.
As well as the Gil Eannes this print also depicts the historic Cabot Tower from which Marconi received the first wireless translantic signal in 1901; Fort Amherst (with lighthouse and relics of the Second World War); the “Battery”, which protected the harbour entrance through the wars; as well as two renowned local corner stores of the era, Connolly’s Grocery and Signal Grocery.